archive-org.com » ORG » C » CHHIST.ORG

Total: 234

Choose link from "Titles, links and description words view":

Or switch to "Titles and links view".
  • Untitled Document
    a laboratory to test his theories of labor efficiency For example he required his hand picked men and horses to work and rest in specified intervals Fielding substanially regraded the site to provide optimum views of the Wissahickon gorge Boxly was named for the immense 100 year old boxwood shrubs in the gardens In the garden there was an enormous wisteria vine from Cedron in Germantown the home of Mr

    Original URL path: http://www.chhist.org/naylorphotos/Naylor_1970_115_8410_St_Martins.html (2016-04-26)
    Open archived version from archive


  • Untitled Document
    edge of the Wissahickon Park away from the street and the public s view Zantzinger designed additions for Clark in 1904 1906 and 1910 This house under went a radical transformation of style in 1935 Charles F Rabenold architect converting it from an Italian Renaissance palazzo as seen in this photograph to a neo Georgian country home part of the third floor was removed Other alterations occurred in 1959 and

    Original URL path: http://www.chhist.org/naylorphotos/Naylor_1970_114_8440_St_Martins.html (2016-04-26)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Untitled Document
    G W and W D Hewitt CONTRACTOR Unknown DEMOLISHED 1920s The Welsh House was located approximately between 8019 8025 Seminole Avenue the northeast corner of W Willow Grove Avenue and Seminole The 1887 date stone still exists in the wall between 8029 and 8031 The towers can be seen from another Chestnut Hill Historical Society photograph 1995 463 of Casey s Ice Pond looking north toward Seminole Henry D Welsh

    Original URL path: http://www.chhist.org/naylorphotos/Naylor_1970_116_8019_8025_Seminole.html (2016-04-26)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Untitled Document
    1970 31 MAP NUMBER 64 DATE 1892 1893 ORIGINAL OWNER Henry S Jeanes ARCHITECT Mantle Fielding CONTRACTOR William J Gruhler This Georgian Revival house is a farily early example of the new taste that was sweeping the United States Joseph

    Original URL path: http://www.chhist.org/naylorphotos/Naylor_1970_30_31_8703_Seminole.html (2016-04-26)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Untitled Document
    Stenton Avenue and Gravers Lane click on image to see larger version photograph from Chestnut Hill Historical Society John Naylor Collection 1970 71 MAP NUMBER 67 DATE Unknown ORIGINAL OWNER Unknown ARCHITECT Unknown CONTRACTOR Unknown DEMOLISHED Home Introduction Biography of

    Original URL path: http://www.chhist.org/naylorphotos/Naylor_1970_71_Stenton_and_Gravers.html (2016-04-26)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Untitled Document
    married in 1855 and her husband Colonel Alexander Biddle 1819 1899 lived in this home Lanoraie It is not clear who actually built the home Williams or Biddle Colonel Biddle served on General Ulysses S Grant s staff during the Civil War and was a banker Three of their children Louis Marianne and Lynford continued to live at Lanoraie for some time The Philadelphia Blue Book Directory of 1903 p

    Original URL path: http://www.chhist.org/naylorphotos/Naylor_1970_92_Stenton_Paper_Mill.html (2016-04-26)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Untitled Document
    records that A H Brockie architect designed an enclosed piazza with glass as well as two over hanging bathrooms William Potter took over his father s Thomas Potter linoleum and oilcloth business after his father became ill He later studied law and eventually became ambassador to Italy in 1892 He had a deep interest in international affairs and hosted visiting royalty in his Chestnut Hill home including Crown Prince Pridi

    Original URL path: http://www.chhist.org/naylorphotos/Naylor_1970_70_8250_Stenton.html (2016-04-26)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Untitled Document
    Collection 1970 82 MAP NUMBER 70 DATE 1858 ORIGINAL OWNER Benoni Lockwood ARCHITECT Unknown CONTRACTOR Unknown Known as Philista additions and alterations occurred in 1906 Mantle Fielding architect 1911 1919 Willing Sims architects 1921 1922 Mellor Meigs Howe architects 1924 1926 Arthur H Brockie architect and 1935 The house at 101 Newton Street see Naylor photograph 1970 129 is in far right background Stenton Avenue has been widened taking up

    Original URL path: http://www.chhist.org/naylorphotos/Naylor_1970_82_8760_Stenton.html (2016-04-26)
    Open archived version from archive