archive-org.com » ORG » L » LAMBETHPALACELIBRARY.ORG

Total: 343

Choose link from "Titles, links and description words view":

Or switch to "Titles and links view".

  • between the Church of England and the Russian Orthodox Church He travelled extensively through Russia exploring its history and culture In 1895 he was involved in Viscount Halifax s ecumenical mission to Rome In the same year he published Russia and the English Church consisting of the correspondence between the Rev William Palmer an Anglican divine and Alexis Stepanovich Khomyakov a Russian layman and theologian The collection comprises family papers

    Original URL path: http://www.lambethpalacelibrary.org/print/book/export/html/541 (2016-02-17)
    Open archived version from archive



  • originated in 1691 in a bequest of Robert Boyle for advancing religion among infidels and was renamed in 1794 the Society for the Conversion and Religious Education of the Negro Slaves in the British West India Islands and in 1836 the Society for Advancing the Christian Faith in the British West India Islands The papers comprise minutes correspondence and accounts 1642 1956 A micropublication of the Christian Faith Society is

    Original URL path: http://www.lambethpalacelibrary.org/print/book/export/html/98 (2016-02-17)
    Open archived version from archive


  • of the Church Association f 1865 and the National Protestant League f 1906 which was itself an amalgamation of the National Protestant Church Union f 1893 and the Church of England League f 1904 formerly the Ladies League f 1899

    Original URL path: http://www.lambethpalacelibrary.org/print/book/export/html/99 (2016-02-17)
    Open archived version from archive


  • and surveys of the former episcopal and capitular estates records of appointment of clergy and augmentation of benefices Originally numbered in the manuscript sequence as 902 22 944 50 966 1021 these were renumbered in the 1960s as a separate collection A micropublication of the Commonwealth Records is available from World Microfilms 3 Further information is available in Houston J Catalogue of Ecclesiastical Records of the Commonwealth 1643 1660 in

    Original URL path: http://www.lambethpalacelibrary.org/print/book/export/html/101 (2016-02-17)
    Open archived version from archive


  • college of ecclesiastical lawyers founded in 1511 and situated in Knightrider Street London was dissolved following the Court of Probate Act 1857 Its records were dispersed but most of those that survive are in the Library These comprise the register 1511 1855 a 19th century minute book and financial and estate papers For further details and a calendar of the register of Doctors Commons DC 1 see G D Squibb

    Original URL path: http://www.lambethpalacelibrary.org/print/book/export/html/102 (2016-02-17)
    Open archived version from archive


  • 1 Correspondence of Canon J A Douglas vicar of St Luke Camberwell and from 1933 Hon General Secretary of the Church of England Council on Foreign Relations concerning relations between the Church of England and the Eastern Orthodox Churches during

    Original URL path: http://www.lambethpalacelibrary.org/print/book/export/html/103 (2016-02-17)
    Open archived version from archive


  • of the Community of St Andrew cover its 19th and 20th century history and include minutes correspondence photographs and other material The Library also holds printed material relating to the community The collection documents the wider history of the deaconess movement and the role of women in the church as well as the community s own work Some documents from the archive were published in Henrietta Blackmore The Beginning of

    Original URL path: http://www.lambethpalacelibrary.org/print/book/export/html/591 (2016-02-17)
    Open archived version from archive


  • available in several American libraries and may also be purchased from World Microfilms Limited 4 who also publish micropublications of the letterbooks of Bishop Blomfield and the London visitation returns 1763 1815 For the diocese of London see also the Building on History project 5 Extent of the Diocese of London The boundaries of the diocese of London were changed a number of times during the 19th century Until 1845 the diocese composed most of the parishes in Middesex the city of London parishes excluding the thirteen parishes in the peculiar of the Arches a substantial number of parishes in Hertfordshire and the four parishes of Aston Abbots Grandborough Little Horwood and Winslow in Buckinghamshire The abolition of the exempt jurisdictions in 1845 brought into the diocese of London the parishes in the city of London and some parishes in Middlesex and Surrey which were formerly peculiars of the archbishop At the same time the diocese gained various Kent parishes just south of the Thames Charlton Deptford Eltham Greenwich Lee Lewisham Plumstead and Woolwich and retained nine Essex parishes just north of the river Barking Chingford East and West Ham Little Ilford Low Leyton Wanthamstow Wanstead and Woodford The remainder

    Original URL path: http://www.lambethpalacelibrary.org/print/book/export/html/104 (2016-02-17)
    Open archived version from archive



  •