archive-org.com » ORG » N » NJDAR.ORG

Total: 13

Choose link from "Titles, links and description words view":

Or switch to "Titles and links view".
  • NJDAR State Headquarters - Watson House
    this fine stone house antedates 1790 and several pieces were made by New Jersey craftsmen In addition many articles in the home were donated by New Jersey Daughters Watson House Interior The Isaac Watson House is located at 151 Westcott Ave Hamilton NJ Watson House is easily accessible from Route 206 heading towards Trenton Bear left through the White Horse intersection and stay in the left lane South Broad Street

    Original URL path: http://www.njdar.org/watson.html (2016-04-25)
    Open archived version from archive


  • New Jersey Room in Memorial Continental Hall
    Bank on October 23 1777 The room also contains portraits of the five New Jersey signers of the Declaration of Independence Stained glass windows contain illustrations depicting scenes from New Jersey at the time of the American Revolution the tea burning at Greenwich the Indian King Tavern at Haddonfield the Engagement at Chestnut Neck the Skirmish at Quinton Bridge the Battle of Red Bank the Whitall House Fort Mercer the

    Original URL path: http://www.njdar.org/nj_room.html (2016-04-25)
    Open archived version from archive

  • The Schuyler-Hamilton House
    had met Alexander Hamilton during the summer of 1779 and she had been very impressed by him When Mrs Cochran became aware that Alexander Hamilton was stationed at General Washington s headquarters only a quarter mile away she invited Elizabeth to spend the winter with her Very soon Alex and Betsy began courting often in the Campfield House By April they had reached an understanding They married at Betsy s

    Original URL path: http://www.njdar.org/schuyler-hamilton.html (2016-04-25)
    Open archived version from archive

  • The DAR Van Bunschooten Museum
    In 1971 the Van Bunschooten house outbuildings and six and a half acres were donated to the Chinkchewunska Chapter of the DAR by Mr and Mrs Clifford Ramsey During 2011 the Chinkchewunska Chapter celebrated the fortieth anniversary of the chapter s ownership of this magnificent historic home The chapter immediately set to work to restore refurbish and redecorate the home now known as the DAR Van Bunschooten Museum The house and outbuildings were listed on the National Register of Historic Sites and Places in 1974 and the house is used as the chapter headquarters The keeping room in the museum Visitors enjoy ten rooms of the house which are filled with an impressive collection of period antiques many of which were donated by the original family and used in the home Items in the collection span a range from 1787 to 1860 and include clothing quilts and woven coverlets furniture oil paintings cookware and china wagons and farm implements The library has approximately 900 volumes and is used for local historical and genealogical research The Van Bunschooten Museum has remained true to its origins despite four or five changes of ownership and numerous tenants Electricity plumbing and heat have been

    Original URL path: http://www.njdar.org/van_bunschooten.html (2016-04-25)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Additional Historic Properties
    to honor his grandfather Opened as a museum in 1915 its interior and furnishings are maintained by the Jersey Blue Chapter to promote the appreciation of American history Today the mansion is open to the public on the last Sunday afternoon of months June through October and can be opened for tours at other times by prior arrangement Docents guide visitors through the museum Anyone wishing to see the house should contact the curator at 732 745 5094 The James and Ann Whitall House The James and Ann Whitall House built in 1748 is located on the Delaware River in northern Gloucester County The Whitall family lived in the home for 114 years and it was the center of life on the 400 acre Red Bank Plantation that once occupied the site Following the decisive 1777 Continental victory at the Battle of Red Bank Mrs Ann Whitall remained behind to care for the wounded in her home which had been converted into a hospital Wounded men from both sides of the battle were tended there Although forced to leave their plantation during most of the military occupation the Whitall family returned in 1778 and resumed farming At its busiest the plantation included orchards livestock a grist mill smoke house shad fishery and a ferry across the Delaware River In 1872 ten years after the Whitall family vacated their home the U S government purchased the Whitall House Few changes have been made over the years to the basic structure or original decor of the home which is open to the public for tours from spring to early fall Many of the antiques displayed on the main floor of the home are the property of the Ann Whitall Chapter including a magnificent grandfather clock and a chair owned originally by Ann

    Original URL path: http://www.njdar.org/additional.html (2016-04-25)
    Open archived version from archive



  •