archive-org.com » ORG » S » SIGCOMM.ORG

Total: 376

Choose link from "Titles, links and description words view":

Or switch to "Titles and links view".
  • Minutes of EC Meeting: March 1, 2010 | acm sigcomm
    at the last meeting agreeing to serve Jen Rexford is the interim chair until Dina Papagiannaki takes up the reins First task is to select the PC chairs for 2011 by May Following that they need to consider what guidance they will be offering to PC chairs The TSC mailing list is active We should set expectations for the TSC Suggest they report to us quarterly and start with a definition of their scope charter We d also like them to look at how they communicate with the community e g via a blog or other forums We proposed that Jen Rexford as the TSC s interim chair should join the next EC meeting 4 Industry academic panel workshop As we are trying to foster increased collaboration between industry and academia a number of options for doing this at upcoming conferences were discussed We re exploring the option of a panel or workshop at Sigcomm 2010 but time may be too short to pull it off It may make more sense to target SIGCOMM 2011 and or another conference in 2010 possibly CoNEXT 5 SIGCOMM 2011 Update Jorg and the ACM staff are finishing up the contract with the hotel

    Original URL path: http://sigcomm.org/about/minutes-new/2010/March-1 (2016-04-25)
    Open archived version from archive


  • Minutes of EC Meeting: February 1, 2010 | acm sigcomm
    formed TSC which will be responsible for selecting PC chairs for the 2011 conference Jau as conference coordinator will be an ex officio member with one of each of the SIGCOMM TPC chairs from the previous three years and three other members The EC settled on KK Ramakrishnan Dina Papagiannaki and Stefan Savage as the former PC chairs plus Ernst Biersack Jen Rexford and Peter Druschel as the other members Bruce agreed to invite those 6 to serve 2 Education Chair follow up The Education Chair job description has been posted to the web site and will be emailed in the monthly news email EC members should also approach good candidates and encourage them to apply 3 Transactions on Networking The EC agreed to nominate Keshav to fill the position vacated by Jen Rexford on the ToN steering committee We are awaiting a proposal from ToN as to how Sigcomm funds might be applied to assist ToN s efforts 4 SIGCOMM 2011 update The Toronto location has been fixed and announced on the Sigcomm web site Final dates are still getting negotiated with the hotel 5 CACM research highlights The EC s proposed process for submitting nominations to CACM s

    Original URL path: http://sigcomm.org/about/minutes-new/2010/February-1 (2016-04-25)
    Open archived version from archive

  • acm sigcomm
    ACMSIGCOMM User login Username Password Request new password The following are minutes of the monthly SIGCOMM executive committee meeting An expanded format lists the minutes with an excerpt 4 January 2010 7 December 2009 2 November 2009 5 October 2009

    Original URL path: http://sigcomm.org/about/minutes/index?page=1 (2016-04-25)
    Open archived version from archive

  • acm sigcomm
    format lists the minutes with an excerpt 7 November 2014 5 September 2014 20 August 2014 9 May 2014 7 March 2014 7 February 2014 10 January 2014 6 December 2013 8 November 2013 11 October 2013 19 September 2013 8 July 2013 7 November 2011 3 October 2011 12 September 2011 18 August 2011 6 June 2011 2 May 2011 14 February 2011 3 January 2011 6 December 2010

    Original URL path: http://sigcomm.org/about/minutes/index?destination=about%2Fminutes%2Findex (2016-04-25)
    Open archived version from archive

  • EC Meeting Public Minutes 2014-11-07 | acm sigcomm
    serve as the entry point But people can add links to Google Docs if they want 4 ILB feedback Renata We should track industry participation and have a field in the registration form this purpose It also makes sense to distinguish between research labs and business units Such fields would also help us in organizing the invitations to the student dinners For better match making we could also include topics of interests in the registration This will be an action items for CoNEXT and for the 2015 chairs We are presently working on a list of people to invite for next year and on the list of demo requirements for future SIGCOMM hosts And we are talking to people to get them to write industry editorials for CCR Next year IMC will be in Tokyo the week before the IETF in Yokohama which is by design an excellent opportunity for people to mingle We are considering doing an industry day or something along these lines for IMC 5 Funding for panel on SIGCOMM Latin America Renata We discussed support for a panel on networking organized in Montevideo Uruguay in March 2015 for which about 100 participants are expected They are looking for support for some 5000 to cover travel and expenses for the invited speakers from Argentina Brazil and Chile This is a one time meeting to also discuss the state of networking in South America Renata and others will be there the program looks good and put forward discussion items relevant for the local community Before we can approve support however we will need a budget proposal Renata will follow up with the organizers on this In return for our support we expect a short report 6 Papers for research highlights from SIGCOMM IMC CoNEXT All Just a reminder

    Original URL path: http://sigcomm.org/content/ec-meeting-public-minutes-2014-11-07?destination=node%2F3735 (2016-04-25)
    Open archived version from archive

  • SIGCOMM EC Meeting 2014-09-05 | acm sigcomm
    of a conference could apply to the SIGCOMM EC for such support so that the PC participation can be broadened and also more remote people can be included How to organize a repository for scientific data collected for and used in or across papers Such a repository could go with the ACM Digital Library The Digital Library open access fee has been raised as a concern We expect it to go down but open access isn t really a problem as authors can use authorizer to post PDFs on their web sites Ethics around networking papers is a recurring issues e g when it comes to measuring and using personal data Nick Feamster and others are putting together guidelines and the Steering Committee of IMC is part of this discussion As this proceeds we make sure all technical steering committees of our conferences are informed There is a recurring debate about the scope of the SIGCOMM conference especially when it comes to PHY and wireless issues The 2015 chairs decided for those to be in scope but will revisit this issue next year complaints are raised about the quality of some reviews This has been discussed in the TSC and it is ultimately the job of the PC chairs to ensure review quality 3 ILB rep at SIG conferences We discussed that we should have a representative of our Industrial Liaison Board at each of our conferences This may include a free registration but we will cover travel expenses 4 A proposal to make the lives of our chairs easier General chairs PC chairs and other OC members have to do quite a few tasks that would benefit from external support because every chair has to learn them from scratch We are considering to create a part time position funded

    Original URL path: http://sigcomm.org/content/sigcomm-ec-meeting-2014-09-05?destination=node%2F3732 (2016-04-25)
    Open archived version from archive

  • public minutes from the EC meeting in Chicago | acm sigcomm
    issues 5 ILB feedback We collected feedback from our industry board now this has been in place for a while Two items were discuss in more breadth a We should emphasise the importance of demo infrastructure for site selection and the conference organization because demos are important for both researchers and industry And many technical issues easily arise Venue selection criteria should cover demos explicitly and this could also go into the best practices document for conference organization b An award on the impact on the practice of networking was suggested that should recognize if their work has impact on practice Such an award would be broader than a single paper e g software awards that recognize pieces of work that had impact on practice It would recognize a body of work and often go to a set of persons We basically support this idea and invite the ILB to come back with more details 6 Feedback on childcare Offering childcare at SIGCOMM was basically well received albeit notthat much used as only a few people knew about this We will continue with this and improve marketing for next year 7 Feedback on mentoring program We did a mentoring program in which newcomers at the N2women This mentoring was well received people like the idea of meeting up before the conference to get to know each other also across the newcomers This could be generalized to all first time attendees To extend this to conferences at which don t do a specific workshop the initial mentoring meet up could be part of the reception Small signs on nametags could indidate first time attendees to ease finding each others in additional to the interactions with the mentors 8 Policy on conflicting sig events We should have a clear policy for future

    Original URL path: http://sigcomm.org/content/public-minutes-ec-meeting-chicago?destination=node%2F3532 (2016-04-25)
    Open archived version from archive

  • SIGCOMM EC Conference Call Minutes: 2014-05-09 | acm sigcomm
    we can invite industrial demos without worrying about space constraints We will reach out to some industry players but the demos will be open and accept other submissions This will be publicized in the next newsletter Another important topic is matching industry and interested students at the student dinner Numerous options are being explored so that both industry people and students get a better idea whom to talk to The N2Woman workshop will take place and will be announced in the newsletter They are now recruiting mentors 2 Update on Sigcomm 2015 The venue is confirmed to be Imperial College London This venue should also allow ensuring that there will be again plenty of space for demos 3 Update on CoNEXT HotNets Concerning the distinction between CoNEXT short papers and HotNets papers both venues have come up with their CFPs The coordination beteween the steering committees is working out and everything seems to be in good shape 4 Any other business We discussed the travel grants to all our sponsored conferences including the regional conferences in different areas The geodiversity grants cover junior faculty they have to apply and best paper students chosen by the respective TPC They are primarily

    Original URL path: http://sigcomm.org/content/sigcomm-ec-conference-call-minutes-2014-05-09?destination=node%2F3491 (2016-04-25)
    Open archived version from archive



  •