archive-org.com » ORG » S » STOYSTOWNLIONS.ORG

Total: 13

Choose link from "Titles, links and description words view":

Or switch to "Titles and links view".
  • Tractor Show
    CLUB HISTORY OFFICERS MEETINGS CLUB NEWS FUND RAISERS Calendars Brooms 2012 Tractor Show 2013 Tractor Show PROJECTS Memorial Day Parade School House Covered Bridge Trostletown Covered Bridge HOME ABOUT LIONS CLUB HISTORY OFFICERS MEETINGS CLUB NEWS FUND RAISERS Calendars Brooms

    Original URL path: http://www.stoystownlions.org/2012_Tractor_Show.html (2016-04-24)
    Open archived version from archive


  • 2013 Tractor Show
    LIONS CLUB HISTORY OFFICERS MEETINGS CLUB NEWS FUND RAISERS Calendars Brooms 2012 Tractor Show 2013 Tractor Show PROJECTS Memorial Day Parade School House Trostletown Covered Bridge HOME ABOUT LIONS CLUB HISTORY OFFICERS MEETINGS CLUB NEWS FUND RAISERS Calendars Brooms 2012

    Original URL path: http://www.stoystownlions.org/2013_Tractor_Show.html (2016-04-24)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Memorial Day Parade
    the Stop sign of Oak and Main St Stoystown Lions Club Stoystown Pennsylvania 15563 Chartered January 20 1948 Trostletown Covered Bridge MEMORIAL DAY PARADE 2014 May 26th Again this year our Memorial Day Parade will be sponsored by the Stoystown Lions Club and the Stoystown American Legion 257 It will begin with a ceremony in the middle of town at 1 30 and the parade starting approx 2 00 PM

    Original URL path: http://www.stoystownlions.org/Parade.html (2016-04-24)
    Open archived version from archive

  • One Room School House
    Parade School House Covered Bridge Trostletown Covered Bridge The one room Mostoller School House was presented to the Stoystown Lions Club by George E Fritz and Ira C Fritz and moved to the park in 1971 A Little Bit of

    Original URL path: http://www.stoystownlions.org/School_House.html (2016-04-24)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Trostletown Covered Bridge
    the far end and 6 feet on the near end The actual measurements are 87 feet in the clear and 5 feet on the bearing surfaces making the span 94 feet The bridge was abandoned by the county in the late 1950s and purchased by Bertram Specht The Stoystown Lions purchased the bridge from the Specht Heirs in 1963 After 2 years of extensive repairs by Lion Members the bridge was dedicated Sept 18 1965 Time and weather took its toll and the main beams began to rot The Lions Club voted to rebuild the bridge before it fell into the stream and started fund raising activities Under the Chairmanship of D Larry Barnhart donations were made by various lumber companies and workers Contributions of money were made by local business and Lion Members A Bronze Plaque was permanently placed to recognize all who made the restoration a reality In 1993 the rebuilding was done by the Amish under the direction of David Hostetler Specifications as set forth in the construction plans of 1873 and 1902 were made available by the Somerset Historical Society and were followed making the bridge as it was originally In 1994 after the lumber dried

    Original URL path: http://www.stoystownlions.org/Bridge.html (2016-04-24)
    Open archived version from archive



  •