archive-org.com » ORG » T » TURISMOLOSPEDROCHES.ORG

Total: 328

Choose link from "Titles, links and description words view":

Or switch to "Titles and links view".
  • Pozoblanco
    which gave the town its name Pozoblanco White Well The hamlet grew into a town in 1478 It became one of the Seven Towns of Los Pedroches and maintained its independence except during the years when it belonged together with the other six to the Marquis of El Carpio It prospered and went on to become the most important town both in the Seven Towns of Los Pedroches as well as in the north of the province of Cordoba where the town governor moved to In recent times its favourable geographical position has turned Pozoblanco into the main economic and administrative centre in the region without losing its charm as a mountain village The most popular local festivals are the Festivals of la Virgen de Luna the patron saint whom they share with the neighbouring town Villanueva de Córdoba and the Town Fair of Nuestra Señora de las Mercedes with its outstanding bullfights Thanks to its jealously guarded traditions there are numerous street parties and popular festivals which are still celebrated in Pozoblanco such as the festivals of San Antonio San Bartolomé María Auxiliadora or the Festival of Pozo Viejo Old Well not to forget the Festivals of San Gregorio

    Original URL path: http://www.turismolospedroches.org/site/index.php?view=article&id=286%3Aing-pozoblanco-municipios&tmpl=component&print=1&layout=default&page=&option=com_content&Itemid=356 (2016-04-24)
    Open archived version from archive


  • Pedroche
    Oferts Polls Link Enlaces Quién está en línea Tenemos 5 invitados conectado s Who is on line Tenemos 5 invitados conectado s Pedroche Although nobody knows exactly when it was founded it is believed that its origins date back to pre Roman times In the Roman period it was known as Baedro capital of the region of Baedronensis a Roman road a bridge with one arch and numerous funeral remains and other receptacles date from this period It flourished most under Arab rule known as Bitraws it was the main town in Fash al Ballut Valley of the Acorns and one of the most important towns in the province of Cordoba In the year 1492 the Christian Monarchs ordered a rural community to be formed with its capital in Pedroche under the name of the Seven Towns of Los Pedroches including Pedroche Torremilano Dos Torres Torrecampo Villanueva de Córdoba Pozoblanco Alcaracejos and Añora The towns held meetings on 8th September every year in the Sanctuary of La Virgen de Piedrasantas de Pedroche which continued until 1837 In her honour the main annual festival is held with its famous piostros who are riders mounted on horses decorated with attractive blankets which

    Original URL path: http://www.turismolospedroches.org/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=285:ing-pedroche-municipios&Itemid=355 (2016-04-24)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Santa Eufemia
    Duque Oferts Polls Link Enlaces Quién está en línea Tenemos 5 invitados conectado s Who is on line Tenemos 5 invitados conectado s Santa Eufemia Lying on the frontier between the Christian and Moslem territories the village went through troubled times for over a century but recovered part of its former splendour after the Christian conquest in 1236 The town and all the surrounding lands were granted to the Cordoban knight Fernando Díaz thus forming the oldest aristocratic estate in the province of Cordoba Evidence of Santa Eufemia s eventful Medieval history can still be seen in the church the layout of the streets and especially in the city walls which are nowadays illuminated which date from 1474 A few remains survive of the western part of the wall complete with three circular towers alongside a fascinating archway next to the Town Hall Known as Puerta de la Villa the Town Gate it has a lowered horseshoe arch and two columns at the side on Gothic bases made of high quality stone The ruins of the Castle of Miramontes stand on one of the highest peaks and this strategic Moslem fortress was rebuilt after the Christian conquest With an extensive

    Original URL path: http://www.turismolospedroches.org/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=287:ing-santaeufemia-municipios&Itemid=357 (2016-04-24)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Santa Eufemia
    are nowadays illuminated which date from 1474 A few remains survive of the western part of the wall complete with three circular towers alongside a fascinating archway next to the Town Hall Known as Puerta de la Villa the Town Gate it has a lowered horseshoe arch and two columns at the side on Gothic bases made of high quality stone The ruins of the Castle of Miramontes stand on

    Original URL path: http://www.turismolospedroches.org/site/index.php?view=article&id=287%3Aing-santaeufemia-municipios&tmpl=component&print=1&layout=default&page=&option=com_content&Itemid=357 (2016-04-24)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Torrecampo
    Tenemos 5 invitados conectado s Who is on line Tenemos 5 invitados conectado s Torrecampo The origins of Torrecampo can be traced back to Medieval times when townsfolk from Pedroche settled here to avoid the outbreak of plague in their village joining up with the inhabitants of El Cerro de la Torre to found the new town In 1484 it became independent and joined the Seven Towns of Los Pedroches under the jurisdiction and rule of Cordoba Its period of greatest splendour was from the 13th to the 17th centuries due to the fact that it was a stopping place on the route to La Mancha However the town later went into a slow decline after bridge over the Guadalmez River collapsed leading to a change in the route and to Torrecampo losing its important role The areas around the town were populated in ancient times and many remains have been found all around the area Among the most important monuments are the Castle of Mogábar a Medieval fortress inhabited in past centuries and the Hill of La Torre where the ruins of a watchtower can still be seen Cattle rearing and agriculture have always been the mainstay of the

    Original URL path: http://www.turismolospedroches.org/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=288:ing-torrecampo-minicipios&Itemid=358 (2016-04-24)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Torrecampo
    went into a slow decline after bridge over the Guadalmez River collapsed leading to a change in the route and to Torrecampo losing its important role The areas around the town were populated in ancient times and many remains have been found all around the area Among the most important monuments are the Castle of Mogábar a Medieval fortress inhabited in past centuries and the Hill of La Torre where

    Original URL path: http://www.turismolospedroches.org/site/index.php?view=article&id=288%3Aing-torrecampo-minicipios&tmpl=component&print=1&layout=default&page=&option=com_content&Itemid=358 (2016-04-24)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Route of the Seven Towns
    Oferts Polls Link Enlaces Quién está en línea Tenemos 5 invitados conectado s Who is on line Tenemos 5 invitados conectado s Route of the Seven Towns Indice del artículo Route of the Seven Towns Alcaracejos Dos Torres Añora Pozoblanco Villanueva de Córdoba Pedroche Torrecampo Calendar of festivities Traditional arts and crafts Todas las páginas Página 1 de 10 The remarkable history and geography of the villages of Los Pedroches is faithfully reflected in the Route of the Seven Towns which includes Pedroche Alcaracejos Añora Dos Torres Pozoblanco Torrecampo and Villanueva de Córdoba The Seven Towns of Los Pedroches made up one of the three legal administrative areas which the region was divided into after the late Middle Ages under the legal jurisdiction of Cordoba except for a time when they belonged to the Marquis of El Carpio These villages have always shown their determination to remain free territories and they tried to strengthen this status by keeping up the community of townships which survived until the 20th century as well as by sharing the work on the community s farming lands the wooded pasture lands of La Jara Ruices Navas del Emperador and later the pasture lands of La

    Original URL path: http://www.turismolospedroches.org/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=300:rutas-7villas-ing&Itemid=381 (2016-04-24)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Villaralto
    on The Council of Córdoba later awarded the town to Luís Fernández Carreras who established the small settlement with its own legal jurisdiction thus cutting the links it had had with Torremilano This caused a long standing legal dispute over the control of certain lands which was only resolved in 1663 A stroll through Villaralto reveals the full beauty of its historic buildings The religious buildings include the parish church

    Original URL path: http://www.turismolospedroches.org/site/index.php?view=article&id=291%3Aing-villaralto-municipios&tmpl=component&print=1&layout=default&page=&option=com_content&Itemid=359 (2016-04-24)
    Open archived version from archive



  •