archive-org.com » ORG » T » TURISMOLOSPEDROCHES.ORG

Total: 254

Choose link from "Titles, links and description words view":

Or switch to "Titles and links view".
  • El Viso
    Conquista Dos Torres El Viso El Guijo Fuente La Lancha Hinojosa del Duque Pedroche Pozoblanco Santa Eufemia Torrecampo Villaralto Vvª de Córdoba Vvª del Duque Oferts Polls Link Enlaces Quién está en línea Tenemos 11 invitados conectado s Who is on line Tenemos 11 invitados conectado s El Viso Numerous finds have been made in the area of El Viso which indicate that the village s origins are indeed lost in the mists of time The first written mention of the town dates from the year 1410 in which it was called Casas de don Adame Sir Adame s Houses which probably refers to some inns situated on the route that connects Castile with Andalusia as the village lies on the ancient route called Camino del Azogue In the c 15th it became part of the County of Santa Eufemia together with the villages of El Guijo Torrefranca and Santa Eufemia and it was tied to this county until the manorial system was abolished in c 19th becoming the most prosperous and dynamic village in the county PLACES TO VISIT Church of La Encarnación Hermitage of Santa Ana Hermitage of Cristo de la Eras Park and Hermitage of San José

    Original URL path: http://turismolospedroches.org/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=282&Itemid=351 (2016-04-24)
    Open archived version from archive


  • El Guijo
    Viso El Guijo Fuente La Lancha Hinojosa del Duque Pedroche Pozoblanco Santa Eufemia Torrecampo Villaralto Vvª de Córdoba Vvª del Duque Oferts Polls Link Enlaces Quién está en línea Tenemos 11 invitados conectado s Who is on line Tenemos 11 invitados conectado s El Guijo The origins of El Guijo go back to between the late C 12th and early C 13th when the inhabitants of El Villar de Santa María situated in the Cerro de Majadalaiglesia abandoned their settlement possible due to an Islamic invasion The first mention of El Guijo was made in the Middle Ages by King Alfonso VIII in 1189 After being mentioned as a place in the late C 13th the population was included in the Estate of Santa Eufemia and during the C 14th and C 15th its history was closely linked to this estate For the next two centuries El Guijo became an important cattle rearing centre since two busy cattle tracks la Cañada de la Mesta and la Real Soriana passed close to the village and the collection of grazing rights in the Bishopric of Cordoba took place there As we walk the streets of El Guijo it feels like an oasis

    Original URL path: http://turismolospedroches.org/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=281&Itemid=352 (2016-04-24)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Fuente la Lancha
    Conquista Dos Torres El Viso El Guijo Fuente La Lancha Hinojosa del Duque Pedroche Pozoblanco Santa Eufemia Torrecampo Villaralto Vvª de Córdoba Vvª del Duque Oferts Polls Link Enlaces Quién está en línea Tenemos 11 invitados conectado s Who is on line Tenemos 11 invitados conectado s Fuente la Lancha This hamlet formed around the year 1480 was once part of Hinojosa del Duque and therefore belonged to the County of Belalcazar The present village was adjoined by Bishop Fernando de Mesa to the parish of Gahete in the legal boundary divisions made in 1272 It has always belonged to the bishopric of Cordoba but for all legal affairs was dependent on the province of Extremadura up until 1833 and for administrative affairs up to the year 1836 This small village has always had very few inhabitants In 1820 it became independent from Hinojosa and was given the status of town The town was in the centre of the fighting during the Extremadura offensive one of the last battles of the Spanish Civil War The name comes from the word lanchas which means thin naturally occurring flat stones originates from around the 15th century and there are records of a

    Original URL path: http://turismolospedroches.org/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=283&Itemid=353 (2016-04-24)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Hinojosa del Duque
    Hinojosa del Duque Pedroche Pozoblanco Santa Eufemia Torrecampo Villaralto Vvª de Córdoba Vvª del Duque Oferts Polls Link Enlaces Quién está en línea Tenemos 11 invitados conectado s Who is on line Tenemos 11 invitados conectado s Hinojosa del Duque En el término de Hinojosa se han encontrado restos de la presencia del hombre que se remontan al musteriense epipaleolítico y neolítico También se han hallado vestigios de la época romana La actual tiene sus orígenes a finales del siglo XIII o comienzos del XIV El primer testimonio escrito de la historia hinojoseña es del 16 de enero de 1 237 en el se cita La Finojosa de Pedroche aldea de Córdova e su término Juan II de Castilla donaba el 6 de noviembre de 1 444 las villas de Belalcázar e Hinojosa a Gutiérrez de Sotomayor maestre de Alcántara Hinojosa pasa a ser villa del Señorío de los Condes de Belalcázar S XV y por enlaces matrimoniales de los Duques de Béjar S XVI y de los Osunas S XVIII hasta la supresión del régimen señorial en España Durante estos siglos perteneció al partido de Trujillo y a la provincia de Extremadura En 1 833 se incorpora a la

    Original URL path: http://turismolospedroches.org/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=40&Itemid=354 (2016-04-24)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Pedroche
    Oferts Polls Link Enlaces Quién está en línea Tenemos 11 invitados conectado s Who is on line Tenemos 11 invitados conectado s Pedroche Although nobody knows exactly when it was founded it is believed that its origins date back to pre Roman times In the Roman period it was known as Baedro capital of the region of Baedronensis a Roman road a bridge with one arch and numerous funeral remains and other receptacles date from this period It flourished most under Arab rule known as Bitraws it was the main town in Fash al Ballut Valley of the Acorns and one of the most important towns in the province of Cordoba In the year 1492 the Christian Monarchs ordered a rural community to be formed with its capital in Pedroche under the name of the Seven Towns of Los Pedroches including Pedroche Torremilano Dos Torres Torrecampo Villanueva de Córdoba Pozoblanco Alcaracejos and Añora The towns held meetings on 8th September every year in the Sanctuary of La Virgen de Piedrasantas de Pedroche which continued until 1837 In her honour the main annual festival is held with its famous piostros who are riders mounted on horses decorated with attractive blankets which

    Original URL path: http://turismolospedroches.org/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=285&Itemid=355 (2016-04-24)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Pozoblanco
    were freed from Arab rule Other local legends tell of a group of shepherds who settled here after fleeing from an outbreak of plague in Pedroche The site of the settlement is where nowadays the Pozo Viejo Old Well stands a real symbol of the city which gave the town its name Pozoblanco White Well The hamlet grew into a town in 1478 It became one of the Seven Towns of Los Pedroches and maintained its independence except during the years when it belonged together with the other six to the Marquis of El Carpio It prospered and went on to become the most important town both in the Seven Towns of Los Pedroches as well as in the north of the province of Cordoba where the town governor moved to In recent times its favourable geographical position has turned Pozoblanco into the main economic and administrative centre in the region without losing its charm as a mountain village The most popular local festivals are the Festivals of la Virgen de Luna the patron saint whom they share with the neighbouring town Villanueva de Córdoba and the Town Fair of Nuestra Señora de las Mercedes with its outstanding bullfights Thanks

    Original URL path: http://turismolospedroches.org/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=286&Itemid=356 (2016-04-24)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Santa Eufemia
    Duque Oferts Polls Link Enlaces Quién está en línea Tenemos 11 invitados conectado s Who is on line Tenemos 11 invitados conectado s Santa Eufemia Lying on the frontier between the Christian and Moslem territories the village went through troubled times for over a century but recovered part of its former splendour after the Christian conquest in 1236 The town and all the surrounding lands were granted to the Cordoban knight Fernando Díaz thus forming the oldest aristocratic estate in the province of Cordoba Evidence of Santa Eufemia s eventful Medieval history can still be seen in the church the layout of the streets and especially in the city walls which are nowadays illuminated which date from 1474 A few remains survive of the western part of the wall complete with three circular towers alongside a fascinating archway next to the Town Hall Known as Puerta de la Villa the Town Gate it has a lowered horseshoe arch and two columns at the side on Gothic bases made of high quality stone The ruins of the Castle of Miramontes stand on one of the highest peaks and this strategic Moslem fortress was rebuilt after the Christian conquest With an extensive

    Original URL path: http://turismolospedroches.org/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=287&Itemid=357 (2016-04-24)
    Open archived version from archive

  • Torrecampo
    Tenemos 11 invitados conectado s Who is on line Tenemos 11 invitados conectado s Torrecampo The origins of Torrecampo can be traced back to Medieval times when townsfolk from Pedroche settled here to avoid the outbreak of plague in their village joining up with the inhabitants of El Cerro de la Torre to found the new town In 1484 it became independent and joined the Seven Towns of Los Pedroches under the jurisdiction and rule of Cordoba Its period of greatest splendour was from the 13th to the 17th centuries due to the fact that it was a stopping place on the route to La Mancha However the town later went into a slow decline after bridge over the Guadalmez River collapsed leading to a change in the route and to Torrecampo losing its important role The areas around the town were populated in ancient times and many remains have been found all around the area Among the most important monuments are the Castle of Mogábar a Medieval fortress inhabited in past centuries and the Hill of La Torre where the ruins of a watchtower can still be seen Cattle rearing and agriculture have always been the mainstay of the

    Original URL path: http://turismolospedroches.org/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=288&Itemid=358 (2016-04-24)
    Open archived version from archive



  •